Watts to BTU Calculator
What is the formula?
To carry out the conversion of watts to BTU a simple formula is applied since 1 watt is equivalent to 3, 41214163312794 BTU or 3, 4121 BTU.
The formula is Btu per hour ≈ (w) * 3, 4121
This calculation is made up of two units defined below:
• Watt: one watt is a unit of power in the International System of Units represented by the symbol “W” and is defined as one Joule per second (1 J / s). This power is capable of measuring the rate of energy conversion or at which work is performed.
• BTU: it is the British thermal unit that represents a power unit that is mainly used in steam generating equipment, air conditioners, and heaters.
Where 1 BTU represents the amount of heat that is required to produce a 1 � Fahrenheit temperature rise in a water sample with a mass of 1 pound.
Step by step to perform the calculation
1. The first step is to take note of the calculation in which you can do it manually or with the help of a calculator.
2. The formula is as follows:
Btu per hour ≈ (w) * 3, 4121
3. To transform from watts to BTU we substitute the letters inside the parentheses with the data provided in watts.
4. Then the data provided in W is multiplied by 3, 4121 BTU.
5. The result obtained from the multiplication is the result we are looking for, that is, it is the required conversion to watts to BTU.
This calculation is very easy to have the data you need to transform and with this simple guide, you can calculate watts to BTU and even BTU to watts quickly.
There is no limitation to get these calculations and you don’t need to complicate to do it, follow the step by step and you will solve all the problems.Check out best generators portable on Amazon